These guidelines and protocols are a result of much prayer, research, discussion, and reflection by the officers of Crossroads Community Church over many weeks. Please review them and plan to abide by them when you come to worship at the church building.
We will have one worship service at 10 AM
We will continue to live-stream the service for the foreseeable future
We will ask you to sign-up / pre-register each week so we can plan appropriately.
We do not want to turn anyone away on Sunday mornings, so please sign-up by Saturday night
Seating will be limited (currently 100), we may need to use overflow areas outside the sanctuary.
The building will be prepared in several ways, including:
- Routine disinfecting for touchable surfaces (especially before and after the service)
- Available Hand Sanitizer stations throughout the building
- Clean bathrooms
- New seating arrangements
- One-way traffic flow patterns
- Limited sanctuary seating to 80 people or the available seating clusters
- Helpful ushers
Please note that it is possible to sit closer than 6 foot in some areas (especially in the wooden pews). Please do your best to sit in a checker-board pattern. In other words, do not sit directly behind someone even if there is an empty pew between you. Try to sit to the side of them in your own row.
Please do NOT move any chairs without checking with a deacon (e.g. the balcony chairs must not be moved closer to the railing, so that we do our best to protect those on the lower level).
We ask that you prepare as well. Please practice good hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, cover coughs and sneezes, use hand sanitizer, avoid touching your face.
Please stay home and worship online if you are: (a) sick or potentially exposed within the last 14 days; (b) in a vulnerable group (e.g. you have pre-existing conditions); (c) uncomfortable with either the risks involved or the restrictions we have decided upon.
Instructions for Gathered Worship
We ask that everyone practice social distancing, especially within the building.
- Keep a 6-foot distance from non-household members.
- Avoid physical contact (no hugs, handshakes, etc. for now).
- Please Fellowship outside after the service
- Follow the traffic flow patterns, seating arrangements, and other signage
- We will restrict elevator use to those for whom it is necessary. Spray after use.
** Household members do not need to social distance.
Masks are to be worn at all times, especially while entering and exiting the building and anytime you are within 6 feet of anyone outside of your household.We show love for neighbor by wearing masks when we are in businesses. We will do the same coming together for worship.
- Unless you have a medical reason (physical or psychological) to remove your mask, please keep your mask on throughout the service.
- Singing is encouraged and allowed only while wearing a mask.
- Please do not sing without a mask.
- Windows will be open and fans will be on for increased fresh air and circulation
** Please bring your own mask. We only have a limited supply of masks will be available.
Up front leadership (musicians, worship leaders, and preachers) will go without masks during the service. They will be spaced 6 feet from each other. The first two rows of pews will be roped off. The pulpit will be moved back. These leaders will be temperature checked before the service and will pay close to attention to their own health and exposure risks during the week before leading.
The building opens at 9:30 AM, please arrive early enough to make sure you can find a seat before the service starts
Traffic is setup for one-way flow.
- Enter through the new building doors (either on Barrington Road/69th Street side OR the parking lot side).
- Exit immediately after the service through the red doors on the same side you came in. The Barrington Road exit is in the stairwell off the sanctuary on the 69th Street side of the building. The parking lot exit is next to the first floor bathrooms.
We will be singing (with masks on)
Offering plates will be placed near the sanctuary entrance and exit with a deacon standing nearby to help and monitor. No offering will be collected during the service. You may continue to give online or by mail as well.
A simple bulletin and kids' activity sheet will be available most Sundays. Find them by the entry doors. Try to touch only what you plan to use.
No refreshments or water fountains. Please bring a water bottle. No greeting time during the service, but fellowship outside after the service is encouraged with appropriate social distancing. No choir for now.
Children’s ministry will not restart yet. There will be no nursery, Children’s Sunday School, Junior Worshippers, etc. for now. Please bring your children into the worship service. We will welcome and love them! It is challenging to raise children today and nothing is more important than that they learn to worship the Lord and live in community with his people.
We know it's really hard, but please limit physical contact and avoid gathering together inside the building. Instead, please fellowship outside after the service (there is usually some shade on the 69th Street side of the building)
There are still risks in coming to worship. We are doing our best to mitigate the spread of the virus, but we cannot guarantee your safety. if you are considered high-risk or just not comfortable returning to church right now, please continue to join us online.